Good Morning Dear readers,
For those who don’t know promote, its a trade fair where SMEs and international companies showcase their services usually in the Congress Hall venue in Yaoundé. We call it PROMOTE. This year’s promote was simply amazing. I will dwell only on my experience and the things that caught my eyes (especially as an IT specialist) in any order;
- As you move along, companies give you tracks/papers having promotions, articles display, company addresses etc.. You may find yourself with a bag of papers.
- Its also a place for fun and some party especially as it falls in the X-mas season
- Internet wasn’t a problem at all because all the mobile operators and ISPs where present with free wireless everywhere. MTN and Orange had a table with smart devices connected to their respective wireless signals with the public having access for free (Orange particularly had a 15 minutes restriction, as time to browse free)
- Making your way through from one place to another wasn’t easy especially by evenings…CONGESTION
- Its crazy the traffic congestion that was present around the venue
- Mtn wifi was spanning a greater perimeter coverage than Orange
- It was easy to have a Calendar at MTN, i was refused a calendar at Orange stand
- Orange confessed through a seminar that took place at PROMOTE 2014 that they’re ready to deploy 3G and 4G networks in Cameroon
- I was fooled at PROMOTE2014 by a sermon that LED bulbs brighter than our florescent bulb and consumes less electricity….so i bought it and the verdict: really consumes less but as for brightness, not always true. Let me be illustrative ;
i told them i have the bulb on the right which is very bright and also economical…and asked them to give me a LED bulb that is also as bright as mine and less economical as they say…they gave me that on the left.
VERDICT : its really not brighter, infact mine in whiter .
- My best surprise at
#promote2014 was the WII dance game at mtn stand, as well as the presence of a DRONE
- Overall, it was a nice 2-weeks moment. Let me finish this experience with a photo illustrating the feasting that was going on at the entrance to promote 2014 🙂
There are many things i can’t mention, there were hundreds of enterprises….but this is my own experience 🙂